Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday Night (almost) and the mood is right...going to have some fun, show you how it's done...TGIF!

In honor of today being...FRIDAY, I thought I'd write this blog about all things Friday.

As many of you know, I <heart> Happy Hour on Friday. In fact, I love it so much, I refer to it simply as "HH." I usually get off work early on Friday so I can enjoy HH at it's normal time, around 3-4pm.

However...before my love of HH on Fridays, there was TGIF programming on TV.

I remember many nights spent watching Family Matters, Boy Meets World, and....Step by Step. It's funny how growing up, Friday was about staying in. Now, as an adult, Friday night is all about going out and blowing off steam after a long work week.



In keeping with my favorite things theme, here are my Favorite Friday afternoon HH places. Enjoy and HAPPY FRIDAY!

1.  Enoteca Wine Bar in Los Gatos


I went to Enoteca last Friday for the first time and LOVED it. Not only do they have a great wine list, but yummy apps as well. When you're at Enoteca you feel like you're in Europe in a small, neighborhood wine bar. However, yummy food and great wine aside, the people watching is pretty amazing here. (Gotta love Saratoga/Los Gatos).

Favorite Drink: Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

2. Sino in Santana Row


If I actually motivate and workout at Club One on Friday, my favorite HH spot is Sino. Sino has a great HH menu with appetizer and drink specials. I think the reason I like Sino for HH is that you can sit outside and people watch everyone that walks by you. (Notice...people watching is a common theme lol)

Favorite drink: Lychee Martini
Favorite Appetizer: Lobster Potstickers


3. Vintage Wine Bar in Santana Row

 
During spring/summer, Vintage Wine Bar is my HH destination of choice. It is the best outside HH spot in the Row and it's usually packed any time the weather is nice. While it is a little over-priced, the wine selection is great here and they are constantly changing the wine menu.

Favorite drink: The Champagne flight

I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs to start a weekend. These is something about this song that gives me energy and puts me in a good mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment