Friday, January 14, 2011

Goodbye iPod nano... Thank you for the Memories

This post is dedicated to my ipod nano. RIP.

After 5 years, my ipod nano is now permanently in lock mode and un-usable. My nano got me through law school, studying for the bar exam, and more recently, my horrendous commute to work.

With the loss of my nano, I started thinking about what songs I'd immediately add to my new ipod. Initially, I thought there would be one song that I'd need right away. What I found is I couldn't think of just one song, I could only think of a variety of songs.

Maybe the purchase of a new ipod represents a new start to the new year. I guess you could say the playlist I've compiled  is the soundtrack to my life right now:

(in no particular order)


1. "In My Life" - The Beatles (this is my favorite Beatles song and thankfully, due to good lawyering, I can now dl it from iTunes.) My favorite lyrics in the song are:

"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all"


To me, this song represents looking back on the past with fondness and remembers the love and not the loss.

2. "Human Nature" - Michael Jackson

This is my favorite Michael Jackson song hands-down. Any time it comes on during my commute, I relax.

"If They Say - Why, Why, Tell ‘Em That Is Human Nature" 

Sometimes in life you wonder why did he/she do that? What were they thinking? I think MJ is saying, sometimes things are just human nature and there is no explanation.

3. "Always be my Baby" - Mariah Carey (not sure what it is about this song, but every time it comes on the radio or plays on my iPod, I always turn the volume up and want to sing).

4. "Changes" - 2Pac (This song is the 1st 2Pac song I ever liked and definitely not the last.)

"That's just the way it is. 
Things will never be the same.
That's just the way it is
Some things will never change"

MP, I dedicate this song to you. What this past year has taught me is to be realistic and accept people for who they are and not expect more or try and change them.

5. "How do I get there from here" - Deana Carter (heart DC because "Strawberry Wine" got me into country music.)

"How do I get there from here
How do I make you see
How do I tell you what my heart's been tellin' me"


Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, Love languages, Steve Harvey's "Act like a Lady, Think like a man," etc., etc. Self-help/dating books aside, I do think the way men and women communicate is very different. I made a vow in 2011, New Year's Resolution maybe, (shout-out  LMoore), to say how I feel when I felt it. It's been a scary road so far, but so far so good = )


Songs 5-10 are to be continued................




I end with the clip of Michael Jackson's first moonwalk. Such a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment