Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I could really use a lava flow right now...Maui here I come?

I dedicate this blog post to:
 
The Lava Flow

I am seriously contemplating driving to SFO and hopping on a plane to Maui right now. Yes, it's official, I've hit burn-out status at work. The fact it's over 70 degrees outside may be the driving factor in this burn-out.

While I'm not a fan of "girl-y drinks," the Lava Flow is definitely an exception. There is something about being in the hot Maui sun and cooling off with a frosty lava flow that's just been blended in a bar on the beach that says paradise.



Lava Flow Recipe:
*Courtesy of Emeril 
*
~ HAPPY BLENDING!! !~

Ingredients

  • 1 ounces light rum
  • 2 ounces pineapple juice
  • 6 ounces pina colada mix (coconut cream and pineapple juice)
  • 1 ounce strawberry puree
  • 1 small chunk pineapple, for garnish

Directions

Blend rum, pineapple juice, and pina colada mix with 1 cup of ice. Next, take a glass and coat the inside with strawberry puree. Pour in colada blend. Finally, use a spoon to drag the strawberry puree up through the colada drink, creating a pink stripe. Garnish with a pineapple chunk, and serve.

*

I end this blog with a picture of my favorite place in Maui: The Grand Wailea Hotel. Here's hoping I'll be there again soon!!!







1 comment:

  1. I'm in! I've have a limo picking us up in 5 mins! Only lets not go to Maui... I got married there.

    ReplyDelete